June 29, 2006

mini sketches: the beauty of enterprise

- Do the John Lovitz "Eat Fresh!" Subway commercials signal the end of the Jared era?

- Did Coca-Cola Black already bomb? Or has it yet to be released? It had/will have essence of coffee!

- The new Wayans' film Little Man appears unwatchable. Is it possibly not an actual film but rather a social experiment being conducted by a consortium of universities?

- How fantasic have Red Stripe's commercials been lately? I've seen two really outstanding takes, one about teaching white people how to dance, and the really amazing "buy the beer in the ugly bottle." I'm going to use the word brilliant now. They're brilliant human beings. Well done Jamaica. I'm seriously going to buy a case of Red Stripe beer to honor these simple yet glorious ads. Hooray Beer!

- How much money would you pay to not watch Little Man?

- I have it on good authority that The Lake House is as bad as we feared. Some critics have given it a passing grade, but my source - whom I trust entirely - confirmed our suspicions.

- why do we continue to spell the word "colonel" this way? Isn't it time for a change? Shouldn't we at least add an r? From now on, let's spell it "kernal."

- "They don't have enough people to handle me." Neil Rockind is a genius.

No comments: